Leisure activities & tourist destinations
We are situated in the beautiful countryside named rheinischer Westerwald, the village lies within the nature park Rhein-Westerwald. The area with its gentle hills, lovely valleys and beautiful forests is ideal for walking. It´s a winderful region for nature lovers. Should you prefer more ambitious rambling you will find the walking trail Westerwald-Steig within easy distance.
- Fishing opportunities at the river Wied and a couple of fishing parks
- Several riding facilities
- Shooting ranges
- Golf course
The golf course in Eitorf (27-hole course and 6-hole-course) is only a 15 minutes’ drive away and can be used by our guests.
- Museum of Natural & Cultural History, basalt and railway Asabch
The museum keeps the memory of Germanys first public transport narrow-gauge railway “Bröltalbahn“ alive. This railway had great influence on the further development of narrow-gauge railways in rural areas and for the transport of natural resources.
Further information: www.museum-asbach.de
- Monastery Ehrenstein with castle ruin near Neustadt Wied
- Phantasialand Brühl
- Cologne Cathedral and historic centre of Cologne (Köln)
- Botanical garden in Bonn
Find more destinations for a day trip here: https://vg-asbach.de/vg_asbach/Tourismus/